1. No Spam / Advertising / Self-promote in the forums outside of designated categories/forums
- These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.
- Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
2. Do not post copyright-infringing material
- Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
3. Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images
- Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.
4. Do not cross post questions
- Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question.
5. Do not PM users asking for help
- Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.
- If you are in immediate help you may contact us using our contact form. This will send a PM to our admins and also send an email to the site owner.
6. Remain respectful of other members at all times
- All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.
- However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.
General Posting Guidelines:
All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.
However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.
1. Please use SEARCH first!
- There is a pretty good chance that unless you have some really odd or unique problem that it has been addressed on our forum before, please use the forum’s search feature first to see if there are already some good threads on the subject. It’s easy to search – just click the “Search” button at the top right of the page.
2. Be DESCRIPTIVE and Don’t use “stupid” topic names
- PLEASE post a descriptive topic name! Give a short summary of your problem IN THE SUBJECT. (Don’t use attention getting subjects, they don’t get attention and only annoy people).
Here’s a great list of topic subjects YOU SHOULD NOT POST:Quote
Help me, Hello, Very Urgent, I have a question
- Generally ANYTHING similar to those is unacceptable. Just post your problem.
Here is a good example of a way to post a questionQuote
“What is a good strategy to defeat the fight caves?”
“Does anyone have any quest guides for Fairy Tale II?”
- Remember when people help you, they are doing YOU a favor
- Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and not snapping at people with garbage such as:
if you aren’t going to help don’t waste my time replying.
General Forum Questions
Am I allowed more than one account?
- No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account at the OSRS Community forums. If you are banned from the forums, please do not create a new account. If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address will be blocked from the forums. You may submit an appeal to argue your banning, muting, kick, etc.. Guests are allowed to post there so if you were banned, you can post as a guest to create a banning appeal.
- You must be very specific on your appeal. We require forum Username (if banned and posting as guest post your previous username), time of incident, and staff member username that made the infraction.
What happens if I break a rule?
- If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent. The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?
- Please report the thread/post to the moderators or admins.
What happens if I see a user breaking any rules?
- Please report the user to the moderators or admins.
- If you see a staff member abusing their powers, please report this to the owner via the contact form. PLEASE BE SPECIFIC. Provide all accusations against the staff member you have seen breaking rules, or abusing their powers ie. locking topics without reason, banning users without reason, harassing users, etc..
Discord Server Rules
1. Be respectful
- This means no mean, rude, or harassing comments. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
2. No inappropriate language
- Use of profanity should be kept to a reasonable minimum. Any derogatory language towards any user is prohibited. Swearing is permitted in casual channels only, while the official help and code channels should be kept free of any profane language.
3. No spamming
- Do not send a lot of small messages right after each other. These disrupt chat and make it hard to scroll through the server. Please keep your messages at least 5 words long while chatting.
4. No pornographic/adult/other NSFW material
- The idea behind the server is to provide a safe place for us to share art, videos, and other kinds of creative material – not to share the aforementioned NSFW material.
5. No advertisements
- No invasive advertising, whether it be for other communities or streams WITHOUT staff permission. You can post your content in the osrs-media channels if it’s relevant.
6. No offensive names and profile pictures
- Keep your names and profile picture appropriate unless you are using your in-game name and have no choice.
7. Server Raiding
- Server raiding is against the Discord terms of service. Any attempt to circumvent or bypass them can result in a permanent ban.
8. Threats are forbidden
- Threats are prohibited and disallowed.
9. Follow the Discord Community Guidelines
- Respect the general Discord Community guidelines.
The Admins and Moderators will Mute/Kick/Ban per discretion. If you feel mistreated DM an Administrator, and we will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Your presence in this server implies accepting these rules, including all further changes. These changes might be done at any time without notice, it is your responsibility to check for them.